Sunday, February 1, 2009

DEXTER's pulsing through my veins

A quick thought....before I start Season Two

When I have time to sit down and watch a movie I sit down and watch four movies at once. Next thing I know its 5AM. When I get hooked on a TV series, which never happens, but when I sit down to watch a T.V series I watch the season in one sitting. I don’t get up to use the bathroom, eat, change or leave the house for a whole day and night! This is consistent with my personality. Like Steinbeck I’ll have days of sleep or no sleep for days. I’m like Bukowski I want the whole world or nothing at all!

Anyways, today I failed to celebrate America’s greatest and most symbolic holiday, the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl, idolizing all the ideals of our country (advertising, consumerism, potato chips and football), and I feel guilty about that. Why? Because I’m currently addicted to a new T.V series. I’ve been shooting DEXTER into my veins for a whole night and day. True story.

Thanks to DEXTER, I’m living my life thinking everything’s a puzzle and everyone’s a serial killer. I’m questioning everything. Did I leave that cookie there? Or is it message? I think this guy standing behind me in the line to rent season two of DEXTER is a serial killer. I can tell. I think I’m the stinking serial killer expert!

Quick thoughts: We’re all freaks trying to live ordinary lives trying to fit into social norms that seem to not have room for us.

Now back to DEXTER

No comments: