Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Been on a Good Movie Streak!!

Love good films. Not too fond of mediocre films and I get firey hot with anger at bad ones. Love talking about films and since I have a semi-captive audience this will be my occasional podium for discussing my favorites.

This never happens but 10 out of the last 12 movies I’ve seen have been incredible. Here's one of them...









6 Reasons I Loved it:

1. An Unbeatable Duo: There are two, and only two, great things that have come from the state of Missouri: Jesse James and Brad Pitt (don’t anybody try and suggest Wal Mart as the third). Both are in the film.

2. Cinematography: Every shot was a masterpiece of composition, color and originality.

3. My Nomination for Best Supporting Role: One of the best performances I have seen by Casey Affleck, yeah that’s right the Mormon twin in Oceans 11, but true story he was awesome in this film.

4. Jesse James Obsession: Since I saw the old black and white film “Jesse James,” J. James has become one of my favorite American historical figures. It’s strange I realize. Most people think it’s odd in the same way they think it’s odd I find Malcolm X an American Hero. I’m not alone in my infatuation with this thief/ murderer. He stole from banks and trains and was thought to have murderer 15 people but still America loves Jesses James. He’s become apart of American folklore. And Henry Ford has become a great American Coward.

5. Everybody loves Robin Hood: Though Jesse was pretty shady he became a Robin Hood figure. I love Robin Hood and I love vigilantes, especially the wild and crazy western cowboy.

6. Hero’s: Jesse James seems to resurface over and over again in films and books. I think the Jesse James character is what America is missing. We need an American hero. America was once a country of giants now it seems to be made up of cowards.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It was incredible. I wouldn’t recommend it to everybody. It’s dark and violent. And there are no clear heroes and villains. Maybe some people wouldn’t like it, but I loved it.

No comments: