Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blast from the Past

I was watching a band play up at the Owl Bar this weekend and this guy across from me catches my eye. For some reason I feel like I know him but I can’t figure out how. My friend who knows him tells me he used to be on the 80’s TV series China Beach. Then I freaked out and realized he was Boonie, the surfer bum, Brian Wimmer! I got so excited because I grew up on China Beach and had the biggest crush on Boonie. I’m positive nobody my age or even ten years older has ever heard of China Beach. But there I was sitting across from a guy who shaped my childhood in the same way Sesame Street shaped normal children's childhoods.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This series was the best. Emmy winning even. Every episode was a mini movie, as close as TV came to film. I remember watching China Beach with my mom when I was a little kid. I’m sure I was too young to understand what it was about, but I loved it. I still can remember this episode perfectly.

For all you China Beach fans and for my mom who was the biggest fan Click Here

(sorry I can’t embed the video you’ll have to go to the link)

No comments: