Wednesday, October 29, 2008

To the Voiceless Trees

Last night was a glorious night. I saw Ray Lamontagne. For two years I’ve been dying to see him. He finally made it out to good old Salt Lake City. He played at Alladin’s Palace, the Great Salt Air. He filled that place and successfully silenced it with his wailing and saddening, pleading melodies. He played a song I had never heard and it broke my already heavy and dying heart.



Ray sings the mythologies of my soul. I think I was supposed to be a traveling gypsy or maybe an old hound dog. This was clearly a mistake. I’ve been given the wrong life.

Rumors have been spreading that he went to high school in Morgan for two years. Confirmation?

4 comments:

Lacy said...

remember how you were the best roommate and burned me the ray cd and it hasn't left my player since I put it in. Oh wait that is all I have listened to in the car. your the best!

. said...

Ashley, somehow i stumbled upon this little blog of yours, i love it. The content you write and the way you write it is, well, exactly what i wish i could make a blog like... anyway, i saw ray at the palace too! amazing. i have a man crush on him. and yeah, he went to HS in morgan.

. said...

and, if you recorded this that means i was like 10 feet to your left... about right now is when you wonder to yourself "who is this odd stalker of mine, do i know him?"

Ash said...

You should start a blog Mystery Michael...I didn't film this. Unfortunately I was in the back left corner. But still i wonder "who is this odd stalker of mine, do i know him?"