Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taking it back to the Old School

Today was an extension of Christmas. I bought the Blitzen Trapper album on vinyl and white converse.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyone who knows me knows I’ve never been one for fashion. Being trendy for some strange reason embarrasses me (Note: I admire people who are fashionable and up-to-date with trends. I think this quirk shares its roots with the same quirk that prevents me from dancing "sexy" at clubs. I just get embarrassed okay?!) I don’t usually buy things for fashion sake, and if I bought these converse to be trendy I would surely be a day late and a dollar short, even I know that. What I'm trying to say is I bought these because Gabriel Macht looked so cool in his black converse in the movie The Spirit! It’s pitiful to admit but as soon as I saw them I thought “I want to look like the Spirit.”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the only picture I could find of The Spirits converse. Don’t ask me why in the infinite fountain of internet trash there isn’t one picture of his shoes. Did nobody else think that was the coolest part of the movie?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a VCR and all my favorite movies only on VHS. I watch them regularly and plan on keeping them forever.

Anonymous said...

what is it like to be amazing?