Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Revival

Never before have people been more concerned with my well being than after my disappearance from the blog world. Sometimes I feel like my internet existence is more substantial than my real one. That’s no way to live. I’m a real girl! I’m 3-dimensional. And sometimes on really strange and difficult days when the moon is full in the sky I feel like I’m more dimensional than three.

And yet even though the internet world is so abstract, you can’t see me and I can’t see you. And my pictures and words don’t exist on anything concrete like paper, just invisible space, I still feel empowered, connected and illuminated with it. In this context I am Queen slash scholar on anything I feel like discussing/lying about. My blog philosophy is my biography. This is my only public account, my desperate attempt to not be forgotten.

And that’s why Postcard from Mars has been resurrected from the dead.

If politicians don’t destroy us in a nuclear hail storm and the internet still exists in our earths future I will have this virtual biography to account for my existence which will be grossly exaggerated and photo-shopped. Hurray!

The first of many updates from months past. Played a couple songs in an acoustic show in Las Vegas that my friend Stephanie put together. Very terrifying and in the end satisfying.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

YES! You're back. I've have really missed your blogging. I can't wait to hear this video. I watched it at work with no sound and still loved it. You and Jer were so good that night it was almost spitiual.

Lacy said...

Oh MY GOSH!!! I just fell in love with that song and with you guy singing.. SO amazing.
On another note I am glad to be reading your blog again.

Pha said...

wow, you performed... koo-dos!