Saturday, April 12, 2008

Decades: And all Its Trickery

Vintage clothing stores are a dangerous thing. They get you thinking you need things you don’t really need. As soon as you walk in it seems so necessary to own a Napoleon hat and a jacket with metallic epaulettes instead of an A/C that doesn’t squeal and blow hot air.

I went to Decades up in Salt Lake the other day. Two hours later I had found the kimono of my dreams! And my friend had found the suit and vest of his dreams- it dated 1940’s. We both were positive our outfits were absolutely functional and we were sure we would wear them all the time!

Instead, he walked out with a pair of old cowboy boots and I left with an old faded cowboy belt. But I still envision myself in that kimono and I can barely stand the temptation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

wendy said...

I love to thrift! How is a kimono NOT functional?

Chellor said...

You can have the kimono only IF you wear the green wig with it... and the cowboy belt...

Michael said...

you know you look kinda sexy in a kimono... and green hair works for you..