Wednesday, April 16, 2008

American Teen

High School usually seems like it was million years ago, but some days it doesn’t seem that far away at all. “American Teen” was my favorite film I saw this year at the Sundance Film Festival. I was nervous it was going to look too much like MTV’s high school reality shows. But it was totally unique. It seemed like a movie. The characters were so natural. The resolutions were so perfect. And they all were so cool I wanted to be their friends. I was told they were all at a party I went to but I didn’t see the movie till the next day! Too bad because I think me and the “rebel” would have been best friends. After watching this, it felt like high school wasn’t that far away at all.



So question is: Who were you?

Comes out in select theatres (probably only Broadway Theatres in Salt Lake) July 25th

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want to see this! I love reality tv and this is even better! I watched it twice trying to figure out who I was and I decided I'm the boy in the final scene who puts his face on the table andn then says "There's a lot of grease on the table now". I relate! :)

Chellor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chellor said...

Elvis or the dragon... only because I was one that was so done with High school by my senior year and didn't go to one dance that year (we had like 50) and Elvis or the kid in the Dragon suit seems like they wouldn't have gone to the dances either... well maybe Elvis, but not with someone.