Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mr. Shiny Shoes

I like golf, because I’m an old man. But I don’t really fit into the golfing crowd. I realized this at the driving range recently. I stroll in wearing flip flops and my “Obama for your Mama” T-shirt. I’m dragging my battered golf bag from 1981 past these white, rich Utah Valley republicans strutting around in their collared Tees and shiny shoes, drinking vitamin water. They get a look at my Tee and one guy goes “heh Obama” accompanied by a grumpy old man snort. I arrive at my little golf turf cubical and start swinging away. I have my ear phones in and I’m rocking out to electronic scream-face music, occasionally singing out loud. Since it was the season’s first attempt at golfing, things were surely going to get ugly. But I don’t have much patience for sucking. So I have a rage black out. I kept whacking my clubs into the ground, possibly grumbling profanities. I can’t remember though I blacked out. It would’ve been a funny site if I could’ve been watching from a bush. I just don’t fit the golfers mold.

But what my point of all this hibbity-jibbity hee-haw is, is that I bought a new golf bag today and its pretty slick. That’s really all I wanted to say. I can’t wait for Mr. Shiny Shoes to see me roll by with my new bag.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

wendy said...

I'd golf just to have that bag.

Stephanie said...

I love the green bag! It looks so nice. I also love Vitamin water and have a "Rage Blackout" playlist on my ipod. What makes you love golfing so much? I tried it once when you came to visit last year and we went to that driving range. I got bored really fast and I only hit the ball 1/3 of the time. Heh.

blahblahblah said...

My friend told me about your blog awhile back and I have to admit I've been a frequent visitor. This post confirmed that we need to be friends as I too, own a 1981 bag and golf with music. I also have knock off clubs that my dad swindled for me at the flea market . . . I think the golf world needs a new culture, and I'm glad to see a fellow female golfer. By the way, I also like Obama but am not fortunate enough to own your pizazzy t-shirt (not sure that was a word) Anyway, I figure I'll come out of the shadows of stalkerdom and say I'm a fan :) And although your new bag is green and glorious, I think you should stick to your guns and rock the original :) Where are you from?

Ash said...

Steph- Golfing is a great sport for when your having a rage black out. Play your rage black out playlist and envision someone's head as the golf ball-like how Sandy did with Jimmy.

Ash said...

Hey Allison :)Mike always says it weirds him out how much we have in common. Love that you love golf. You and I can change the golf culture. And you should pick up an Obama for you Mama shirt at Urban Outfitters. I'm from Oregon, Sacramento and Seattle. Also heard your from Sacramento...weird.

Sara said...

Wow. One more thing we have in common. I golf with my ipod too. Although your bag is tres cooler than mine.

The said...

Hey you country fried chicken... We need to hit the driving range.