Friday, July 18, 2008

Why So Serious??

All week I’ve been dreaming of costumed super heroes and Heath Ledger. This morning at 9 AM I finally got to watch The Dark Knight at the IMAX. It changed my life. Only one regret, that I didn’t get my friend Stephanie’s 8 yr. old boy Batman costume to wear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reasons why this movie was incredible:

1. Heath Ledger. Top Five Favorite performances ever.
2. Favorite line “Either you die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.” (The foreshadowing of Harvey Dent.)
3. The relationship between The Joker and Batman. One couldn’t exist without the other. They are social outcasts. Neither could ever live normal lives and that is the great sacrifice Batman makes.
4. The preview for “Watchmen.” The greatest graphic novel ever written. It’s the only graphic novel in “Time Magazine Top 100 Novels.” Can’t wait for this movie!



Am I the geekiest person you know?

5 comments:

wendy said...

I was just thinking I should blog about Batman but figured I check yours out first!
P.S. - Grey has one of those fully muscled-out Batman costumes that's big on him. . .maybe you should give it a try.

Stephanie said...

Why does Batman look like she's about to throw up? Maybe she got motion sickness from flying around. Wuss...

wendy said...

I'm so jealous you're going again so soon!
I forgot to tell you too, that besides Batman, the only other constant in my head right now seems to be '9 Crimes', can't shake it. Thanks alot.

The said...

So, um... FYI, the song in that preview you have up was written by the smashing pumpkins for a previous batman film... also, it changed my life? you got that from me. 90% of your dialogue is second hand material. I hope you're happy with that.

Ash said...

Drew....your not original.