Monday, May 26, 2008

Things We Lost in the Fire

Confession: I weeped like a baby when I watched this movie. Weeped. I could have just been hormonal. Watching the preview made me cry again. PLEASE! Somebody else watch this movie and tell me they weeped too.









On a serious note: [I hate getting this way on my blog, but I can't help it! I'm still crying! I'm sorry.] This movie exposed that feeling of inadequacy. Inadequacy in our ability to find strength to cope with overwhelming trials. Sadness, loss, loneliness, addiction. But it also inspired strength to deal with things we thought we couldn't, one day at a time.

4 comments:

wendy said...

I cried through the WHOLE thing! BUT, I loved it. If it was a book I had read I would have sat and hugged it - while I cried - after it was done!

Ash said...

I think Wendy and I are the only people in the world that have seen that movie. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried the whole thing though.

wendy said...

tyler saw it too, pretty sure i saw a tear or two there in his eyes. . .

the space behind your coffee pot said...

I cried as well. I love that movie..it forces me to remember the good.