Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Word of the Month: Moderation

This is similar to the manner in which I have lived my life, (observed and spoken so eloquently by Steinbeck in Travels with Charley):

“For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I've lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment.” (Steinbeck)

Though it is a poetic and romantic way to live our all-too short lives, I decided some modifications should be made because it's not a mentally or physically healthy way to live a life.



Moderation. The word of the past month. I have forgotten the meaning of that word. I have forgotten how to practice the definition of that word. So in an attempt at practicing my word of the month I have made some goals.

Daily vitamin
Joined 24 HR Fitness
Walk more places
No more Coke
No more fast food
Get up earlier-and by that I mean nine or ten
More Fruit and water
And all unhealthy things I love that are not on this list must be consumed with moderation

No comments: