Monday, May 5, 2008

The Monkey Circus

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Like most things, I have procrastinated the date of my graduation yet another 3 months on top of the 2 years of its original expected date. It seems like a long pregnancy, and I just want the thing to be out! Knowing my Mom and Dad will be reading this post I must honestly admit, graduation seems very anticlimactic at this point. And I have thought of various ways to make the whole pregnancy just go away. Including speeches such as this:

“Mom, graduation is just another hoop we light on fire and jump through to make some people feel more important than other people. It’s a circus and I don’t want to be the monkey you come and clap for.”

I doubt my parents would buy it. Which is good because it doesn’t make any sense, yet poetic right? Though a week ago, April 25th, the day I was supposed to graduate, the herds of monkeys in matching garb did look pretty silly.

My mom said in one of our many conversations about graduation, “It’s not for you! Graduation’s not for you! It’s for your senile old Mother!”

FINE!

2 comments:

wendy said...

I hear you. The actual 'walking' was so just one more thing I HAD to do. Just put the diplomas in the mail already! Good luck on the next (last) three months in the monkey house.

Kaitlin said...

The good news is I graduate in August as well so that means an old Bell 7th reunion for graduation. Lovely. I laughed out loud at your comment about the hackey sack varsity team. Loved it. And what ever happened with the Yoasis idea? You seriously need to do that as practice because I seriously did se4nd your tape to Ellen Degeneres. Get ready for it.