Monday, March 23, 2009

Fiesta Movement


Ford is giving away 100 2011 Ford Fiesta's before their official release in America. The catch is that you promote the Fiesta for six months. It seems brilliant to me that Ford caught onto the potential of the new world wide web (twitter, blogging, facebook, myspace, youtube). Before the internet meant the world was at your fingertips, these days a blogger is at the world's fingertips. And Twitter has allowed anyone to be mass produced and distributed.

I'm sure Ford's marketing department thought, "why put all this money into advertising ourselves when we can have a diverse group of 100 do it for us?

For six months gas and insurance is paid for. You just go on these special trips in your Ford Fiesta, then talk about them to your internet audience. To apply all you need to do is upload a clip on youtube proving you can make a video, you're entertaining enough, and that you have an internet audience. I think it's genius. So I jumped on board immediately.

I told my friend Tyler at work I wanted to win this Ford Fiesta. He paused for a second, looked at me and said, "Why don't you just buy a car?" I felt like a freeloader for a minute... Now I say to you Tyler... "Whats the fun in that?"

No comments: